Friday, April 3, 2009

I've been thinking a lot lately about God's desire for my life. I feel like I tend to water Gods voice and personality down. I am all for being educated in Gods word, but I feel like it can be a hindrance at times because the words become almost less-divine. Now, I know there are several different theologies about whether the Bible is actually divine, divinely inspired, or completely absent of God's influence in the making, but I'm not writing to get into that. I believe the Holy Spirit can speak to us through anything. Not only through Biblical literature, but also secular literature, music, television, people, events, etc. Doesn't the Holy Spirit have the power to almost tweak the meaning of passages for certain situations that a person may be going through? Isn't that a way God can speak to us? As a student, I've started to see scripture just for what it meant then and to that specific crowd. Well what about now? I think it's unfair when Christians look down over their nose on people who aren't as educated in Biblical context. They may hear God's voice in scripture saying something that might not necessarily be the literal meaning, and Prima Donna "scholars" (notice the quotes in bold) rebuke them for it. It is just a little frustrating to see people torn down like that. It is also really frustrating when you are the one being torn down. I know there are instances in which people take scripture, mold it to fit their own pre-conceived ideas, and then teach on it. This, I don't agree with and they definitely need some rebuking. I guess there is a fine line between the two. One is not so intentional, and the other...well God help 'em.

2 comments:

Gudymente said...

There was a lot of truth spoken in that ramble

ngm said...

Prima Donna "scholars" (notice the quotes in bold)

That was my favorite part. Not only the bold quotes but also you calling some scholars Prima Donna's.
I agree with you completely. I think the Holy Spirit speaks truths, and that can be found any where—in any medium.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Je m'appelle Alaina.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.