Monday, January 25, 2010

Well, I made it! I can’t even begin to describe how radically God changed my heart in Israel. I have fallen in love with his people and his land. I pray that one day I can return. My outlook on this thing we call “Christianity” will never be the same. God has revealed things to me about myself that I had no idea even existed. Weaknesses strengths, fears, gifts, etc. I am blown away by the God that I serve, and even more blown away that he sees me worthy enough to be his servant! I know that the world will never fully understand the clarity that He offers unless someone tells them. Thats one thing I have learned about the character of God. He offers clarity. My brother recently was told he needed glasses desperately. The optometrist couldn’t believe he had functioned through life so far without them. My brother on the other hand, had no idea his eyes were bad until someone told him. He just figured thats how everyone saw things. He didn’t realize how hazy things were until he was given a pair of glasses. Now he can’t even believe how clear and beautiful everything has become. He can actually read, see peoples faces, and drive without being a danger to the general public haha. I’ve realized that when I draw closer to God I have more clarity about the desires He has for my life. Sometimes people say I am too impulsive and don’t think things through enough but why do I need to? If I am confident in the way the Lord is pulling me He will smooth everything out. That is what is so beautiful about not having any attachments here. If I feel called to go, I can just do it.
Me and Carissa playing in the snow on Christmas Eve in Texas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Je m'appelle Alaina.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.